Chesterfield Presbyterian Church stands in the ancient heritage of true-to-the-Bible theology. We earnestly strive to follow Christ and His apostles. We believe that the purest human expression of Scriptural doctrines is found in the Westminster Confession of Faith with the Larger and Shorter Catechism.
- We believe that salvation is by God’s drawing people to Jesus by His Holy Spirit. He convinces them of their sin and enlightens them so that they repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as He is offered in the Gospel.
- We believe in the Trinity. There is one God who exists eternally in three Persons–the Father, acting alone, who saves His people by the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are one in power and glory.
- We believe in the full divinity and the full humanity of Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God. He is the fullest and final revelation of God to mankind.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, as the eternal Son of God, became man, lived, died and rose again to atone for the sins of those who trust Him alone for their salvation. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and mankind.
- We believe that the Bible is the written Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is our infallible and divine authority in all matters of faith and life.
- We believe that God’s Holy Spirit gives Christians the daily strength and wisdom they need to walk according to His will and to grow in holiness.
- We believe that all people are sinners and are unable to save themselves or even cooperate with God in efforts to earn their salvation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ shall return personally, visibly and bodily to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto Himself.
By God’s grace, CPC will be a full-service Christ-centered ministry committed to a contemporary worship style and a personal relational emphasis. While worship gatherings of a thousand will celebrate God’s grace, Lifeline groups of ten will personally apply God’s Word and prayerfully encourage one another. A diversity of specialized ministries will teach, counsel and train participants of all ages to live for Christ at home, in the workplace, as a church and in the community. CPC’s impact will extend from West County into the city of St. Louis, through the Midwest and to the World. This vision rests upon the supernatural work of Christ who alone can build His church through the Spirit’s work in our lives together.
Chesterfield Presbyterian Church is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), one of the fastest growing Christian churches in the United States for the last few years.
We are a denomination that is both conservative and progressive. In theology it is conservative, being committed to the full authority of the Bible, believing in the historic doctrines of the Christian faith, and affirming that salvation is offered to all people by grace through faith in Christ.
At the same time, it is a progressive church, eager to present people with the good news of life with God in Christ, to make disciples, and to apply the truths of the Bible to both personal and social problems in creative ways. Learn more about the Presbyterian Church in America.
Other PCA Churches in St. Louis
Covenant Presbyterian Church
2143 North Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131
Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church
6587 Telegraph Road
St. Louis, MO 63129
Grace and Peace Fellowship
5574 Delmar St. Louis, MO 63112
Heritage Presbyterian Church
4000 Alt Road
Kirk of the Hills Presbyterian Church
12928 Ladue Road
St. Louis, MO 63141
Memorial Presbyterian Church
201 South Skinker
St. Louis, MO 63105
New City Fellowship
6032 Etzel Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63112
Old Orchard Presbyterian Church
St. Louis, MO 63119
Providence Reformed Presbyterian Church
9124 Sappington Road
St. Louis, MO 63126
Twin Oaks Presbyterian Church
1230 Big Bend Road
Twin Oaks, MO 63021